Monday 21 July 2014

The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.*


When it comes to make-up there can be too much choice. Many of us walk into a department store to witness the sea of make-up counters and react like children in a sweet shop; we want one of everything! The bigger the brand name the larger the price and the more we can’t help but want apiece. This happened me recently, I admit I fell victim to the enticing counter and persuasive sales argument for Dior.

My beautician Godmother encouraged my family to buy big brand make-ups such as YSL, Elizabeth Arden and Chanel when I was growing up. It is only recently that I decided to branch out to a Fashion houses make-up. Thinking I would leave with one item I left with four. I bought an eye shadow palette, shimmering face powder, mascara and a lipstick.




The product I was most excited to use was the 5 couleurs iridescent (5-colour iridescent eyeshadow) palette. I purchased it in the shade 609 Earth Reflection. The palette is around the size of the palm of your hand, which makes it perfect for travel and simply carrying it in your handbag. It comes in a velvet pouch to project the packaging. The shades are a two natural browns, one light golden shade, a cream and pink. All the eye shadows are shimmery. The palette also hosts two Dior sponge eye shadow applicators and a mirror.





The eyeshadows are very pigmented and go on effortlessly. The colours together create a beautiful natural smoky eye that lasts all day. It is a great selection of shades that make it a go to palette when in a rush. I am a huge fan of the Urban Decay Naked palettes but find they can be bulky to carry in a handbag so I feel this will be a great substitute for doing my make-up on the go.

The Diorskin Poudre Shimmer ultra-shimmering all over face powder was a product I did not expect to own. I bought it in the shade 002 Amber Diamond. It is the same size as the eyeshadow palette and has the same packaging. Once opened there are five different shades of powder, which are presented from light to dark.





The powder does exactly what it says on tin. Once I applied the powder I found it gave my make-up an illuminating lift and brought some colour and warmth to my face, which as someone with a very pale skin tone was a pleasant surprise. The powder applies very easily also lasts all day.




Eyeliner and mascara are my two make-up weaknesses so when I had the option to purchase two mascaras for less I could not say no. I purchased a set with two of Dior’s mascaras; The Diorshow Extase and the Diorshow Iconic.





The Diorshow Extase (left) has a synthetic brush applicator that lifts and plumps the eyelashes. The Diorshow Iconic (right) has a rubber brush applicator that separates and lengthens the lashes. Both mascaras are packaged in a metallic tube. When buying mascaras I am usually hesitant to believe what it claims to be able to achieve.  Dior proved me wrong. The mascaras are easy to apply and accomplish everything promised on the packaging. The two mascaras did remind me of Benefits “They’re Real” and “Bad Gal”.

My mom has always been a fan of Dior lipsticks so I decided to follow by influence I purchase one of my own. I purchased from the Rouge Dior collection in the shade 651 Rose Tourbillion/Tourbillion Pink. The lipstick is a beautiful neutral pink with a slight shimmer.





On the packaging it promises to provide voluptuous care and it does just that! I am prone to dry lips after wearing a lipstick all day due to this I try to only buy moisturizing lipsticks. I tried this lipstick out it lasted for hours before needing another application and did not dry out my lips. It applies smoothly and is very opaque.

Overall I find that Dior have a very strong make-up range and are not just popular due to the brand behind it. There are cheaper products that are very similar to Dior’s but if you feel like spoiling yourself and splurging the Dior make-up counter is not a bad place to do so!




*Quote by Yves Saint-Laurent

2 comments:

  1. They all look sooo nice! And I love love love that shade of lipstick!
    http://blogsbelleza.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete