Monday 11 August 2014

Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousands of miles and all the years you have lived.*


We all have a soft spot for certain beauty products whether it is eye shadow, blushers or mascaras. Many people accumulate these products without notice and are left with an unnecessary (but necessary) supply.  My beauty product weakness is nail polish. This love of nail colour has left me with a rather large collection that continues to grow! 

It is very rare that the anticipation of a new range of nail polish excites me as I usually want them all no mater what the difference is. However, when I first read about Revlon's Parfumerie nail polish range I was obsessed and had to have them. The packaging, the colours and the fact they had a fragrance had my intrigue from the beginning. 

The nail polish comes in a beautiful glass bottle reminiscent of old style perfume. The lid and brush have a plastic black sphere shape to mimic the rubber droppers found on old bottles. At first I was worried this applicator would be difficult to use as Im used to a longer handle but it turns out it made no difference and was easy to use. 

The range boasts to have beautiful scents to suit every one from fruity to fresh to spicy. Revlon kept their promise. Each shade has a specific scent that matches the colour impeccably. The spectrum of colour in the collection is also incredible as there is definitely a nail polish for everyone. All polishes have a glossy finish with the exception of two of the glitter colours. There are metallics, satin finishes, glitter and glossy bold colours - a style for everyone! 

The nail polish only requires two coats with the exception of the thinner colours such as 'Fresh linen' and 'Surf Spray'. The fragrance of each colour can only be identified once the nail polish has been applied.



THE RANGE








This is 'Moonlit Woods' a gorgeous purple metallic. It has a smooth finish that shines beautifully when the light hits your nails. The scent is a very fresh garden inspired smell that isn't overly floral. 
















'Fresh linen" is a simple pearl nail colour. Having a satin finish the colour provides an expensive feel with a luxurious effect. The fragrance is also refreshing with a touch of the clean smell we associate with fresh bedsheets. 














This light girly pink is 'Pink Pineapple'. Expecting a floral smell to accompany this shade i was pleasantly surprised to find it was in fact a sweet fragrance just as the name suggested. The scent reminds me sweets from when I was younger and i cant stop smelling my nails when I wear this shade! 













'Apricot nectar' hosts a gorgeous juicy smell to match this bright pastel orange. It smells just like fruit salad sweets if anyone remembers those! 














I did not know what to expect with this particular shade. The thought of my nails smelling like soap worried me as I'm a picky person with soaps! However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a very simple and calm scent. The colour itself of 'Lavender soap' is beautiful with a satin finish.
















With the word sugar in the name I had my reservations. Worried it would be too intensely sweet to sniff 'Spun Sugar' hosts a very subtle fragrance. The sweetness does not demand your attention anything time your hands pass your face. This is a silver metallic polish that has a splendidly smooth finish.













'Espresso' smells just how you would expect! As I am not the biggest coffee lover this smell is not for me but luckily the range does not overpower you with its fragrance. It is a simple black polish with a glossy finish. 












When it comes to anything fragranced the title is what provides us with an idea of what to expect upon smelling. 'Beachy' held high expectations for me. I was a little disappointed, it has more a spice element to it than the sandy smell i had hoped for. This disappointment did not hold be back from falling in love with the colour! It is a stunning gold with a brown shimmer throughout. 














'Ginger melon' is a fun bright pink a bold fruity scent to match! The fragrance reminds you of fresh fruit juices and your favourite fruity toiletries! 














Hosting a more mature scent is 'Autumn Spice'. As it implies the smell is spicy and earthy. However, the colour is a gorgeous glitter mixture of gold and browns that is beautiful once applied. 













'Chocolate Truffle' is lovely deep brown with a chocolate scent that entices the senses and encourages users to feel as though their painting their nails with chocolate. However, this scent is not for me as I am not a huge fan of all things chocolate scented. 














I am a huge fan of darker coloured nail polishes so 'Wild Violets' was right up my alley! This deep purple has a beautiful fragrance of fresh flowers but is quite soft. 















This summer red is a great all rounder! The scent of 'China Flower' is floral but there is definitely a subtle spice element to it. The polish has a glossy finish and looks incredible on the nail.















It might not shock you to discover that 'Orange blossom' does in fact have a fruity yet floral smell but it definitely worth a sniff. The bold orange has a glossy finish and a smell you wont be able to resist.















'African Tea Rose' is a lovely dark pink with a gloss finish. It hosts the most incredible fresh scent that is floral also. It is a smell you forget you love until your hand passes your face and you fall in love with it all over again!















According to Revlon 'Bordeaux' smells gorgeously fruity but is not over the top. The deep red and pink infusion is a great colour for the colder months or evenings (or whenever you feel like it!).













'Lime basil' reminds me of the green tea, mint and lime fruit cooler in Costa. It is a juicy fresh scent that you can not help but love. It is a also a great apple green shade.











'Wintermint' is possibly my favourite from the entire range. When I usually buy a glitter nail polish I almost always need a base colour - Not with this polish! The beautiful pastel green hosts blue glitter pieces and a gold shimmer. It also small refreshingly minty!














Assuming to be let down by the title of 'Surf Spray' I was shocked as the polish did in fact have a fresh sea side fragrance to it, although subtle. The gorgeous shimmery blue is also reminiscent of the sea.















'Italian Leather' is a grey polish with a gold glitter shimmer throughout. What surprised me was, once again, the scent. It does indeed smell of new leather. 













Overall I am very impressed with the range. I am also a fan of having the occasional option of wearing a second fragrance on my nails. What do you guys think? Will you or have you tried these polishes before? 








*Quote by Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment