Sunday 24 August 2014

You can tell a lot from a person's nails. When a life starts to unravel, they're among the first to go.*


As a person who can not stick to a single decision she makes and someone who is impatient I find it difficult to keep my nails the same way for too long. I am constantly changing them up. For this blog post I decided to show you guys my week in nail art and hopefully it will inspire some of you!

Monday


For this look I kept things pretty simple. I painted my nails this stunning orange shade from Technic bar my statement nail which was painted in Essie's 'blanc'. I then added orange and green dots just to jazz things up. I, again, used Technics orange shade (which unfortunately doesn't have a name) and Revlon's 'Lime Basil'.

Tuesday


Clearly feeling bright colours I decided to use Sinful colours 'Unicorn' as my base colour for this look. I added Revlon's 'African Tea Rose' to create the ombré pink and reverse pink french tip. To add a little bit extra I used Essence's 'Space Queen' as a top layer on the pink for some sparkle. 


Wednesday


I definitely got into the ombré vibe this week. I created this pastel look using Essence's 'Ballerina's Charm' for the purple and 'If I were a boy' for the blue colour. Completing the range with a minty green I used Sally Hansens's 'Mint Sorbet'.


Thursday


Adoring the ombré I had done I didn't want to get rid of it just yet! I decided to use Barry M's black nail art pen to add this fishnet appearance to the nails. 

Friday




Back to bright colours! For my yellow base I used Barry M's 'Lemon Ice Cream' and Sally Hansen's Firey Island' for my orange. I added the black dots as I felt the look was a little plain and I did this using Barry M's black nail art pen.

Saturday



Returning, once again, to ombré.  My base is an ombré from Revlon's 'Spun Sugar' to 'Moonlit Woods' (I've done a whole blog post on these guys here). I adore the metallic graduation of colours. I then chose to add the black weaving lines to not bore myself using my Barry M nail art pen.

Sunday



A more relaxed look for Sunday. My main colour is this stunning forest green by Park Avenue Polish titled 'Cosmic NV'. I then added the white design using my Barry M nail art pen in White. 



That was my nails this week. If you'd like more posts like this or any tutorials let me know! What was your favourite look?











*Quote by Ian McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment